Current ECpE Guidelines and Procedures
Iowa State University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECpE) has supplementary rules for graduate students in electrical and computer engineering known as the department’s Graduate Rules and Procedures. These rules, together with the ISU Graduate College Handbook, summarize rules and regulations governing graduate study in the ECpE department. The rules cover admission’s policies, graduate advising, degree requirements, PhD qualifying process, research area courses, and more.
Students pursuing a graduate program in the ECpE department are strongly urged to be conversant with these rules.
Current Supplementary Rules
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS ADMITTED FALL 2013 AND LATER:
- ECPE Supplementary Rules – Part I – Rules and Procedures (Revised 10/2020)
- ECPE Supplementary Rules – Part II – Course Lists (Revised 1/2021)
- ECpE Supplementary Rules – Part III – Required and Elective Courses for Graduate Certificates (Revised 08/2013)
- ECpE Supplementary Rules PhD Qualifying Process (Revised 01/2016)
Additional Information Not Included in Supplementary Rules
- English Placement Test
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Doctoral Qualifying Exam
- Graduate Student Travel