Iowa State University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has established its Hall of Fame to forever honor its alumni and faculty for their impactful contributions to the profession and society. Since the department’s inception in 1909, our faculty, staff, students, and alumni have pioneered some of the most renowned modern-era technologies and made this world a better place through their leadership, service, and innovation in research and education. Through this Hall of Fame, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering spotlights the impact of these inductees and forever preserves the history of their contributions, letting this stand to inspire future generations of engineering leaders.
The Iowa State University Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Hall of Fame was established in 2019. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony is held annually, in conjunction with the department’s Scholarships, Honors and Awards Banquet.
Criteria for Nomination
All nominations will be diligently considered by the ECpE Hall of Fame selection committee. Once nominated, a nominee will remain available for consideration by the selection committee in subsequent years.
To be considered, nominees must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Alumni of an ECpE academic program
- Current or former faculty members
- Individuals who have contributed to the success of the department through their service and support
- Nominees will have made a significant impact because of consistent achievement, service and/or leadership. The award is based on the merit of the individual’s work in their chosen field of endeavor and professional leadership
- Nominees should have been honored for their excellence and service through professional and/or civic awards and commendations
- Nominees should have maintained a relationship with the university
- Nominees must have exhibited a high degree of character and integrity
- Nominees can be living or posthumous
Our Hall of Fame selection committee has reviewed the accomplishments of hundreds of people with ties to ECpE at Iowa State and has selected the 2022 class of the ECpE Hall of Fame for their towering contributions to the discipline and society. Forever honoring our alumni and faculty for their impactful contributions to the profession and society. The induction ceremony for our second class was held on March 31, 2022, on campus, from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m., 0411 Student Innovation Center, 606 Bissell Rd., Ames, IA 50011.
Video highlights of the 2022 Hall of Fame Ceremony
2022 Ceremony Highlights
2022 ECpE Hall of Fame Inductees
Full 2022 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The inaugural class of the ECpE Hall of Fame was enshrined on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019. Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019
Watch highlights from the event below.
Watch the full event below.
Hall of Fame 2019 Inaugural Inductees
Click photos below for more information.