Iowa State University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has established its Hall of Fame to forever honor its alumni and faculty for their impactful contributions to the profession and society. Since the department’s inception in 1909, our faculty, staff, students, and alumni have pioneered some of the most renowned modern-era technologies and made this world a better place through their leadership, service, and innovation in research and education. Through this Hall of Fame, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering spotlights the impact of these inductees and forever preserves the history of their contributions, letting this stand to inspire future generations of engineering leaders.
The Iowa State University Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Hall of Fame was established in 2019. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony is held annually in the fall, in conjunction with the department’s Scholarships, Honors and Awards Banquet.
The department is now accepting nominations for fall 2021 inductees. Candidates may be nominated by alumni, faculty, staff, students and anyone who wishes to submit a nomination. Information about future fall events will be announced at a later date.
Nominations are due Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
To nominate someone, please first read the criteria below. Then download and fill out this PDF form with as much of the information as possible (the more the better), and submit the edited form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
Alternatively, you may nominate someone by sending a plain-text email to email@example.com with as much of the following information as possible (the more the better):
- Name and title of nominee, indicating living or posthumous
- Nominee or family member of nominee contact information
- Nomination Statement: In a few sentences, describe why your nominee should be honored with this award
- Your name, phone number, and email address
- Your relationship to the nominee
Criteria for Nomination
All nominations will be diligently considered by the ECpE Hall of Fame selection committee. Once nominated, a nominee will remain available for consideration by the selection committee in subsequent years.
To be considered, nominees must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Alumni of an ECpE academic program
- Current or former faculty members
- Individuals who have contributed to the success of the department through their service and support
- Nominees will have made a significant impact because of consistent achievement, service and/or leadership. The award is based on the merit of the individual’s work in their chosen field of endeavor and professional leadership
- Nominees should have been honored for their excellence and service through professional and/or civic awards and commendations
- Nominees should have maintained a relationship with the university
- Nominees must have exhibited a high degree of character and integrity
- Nominees can be living or posthumous
Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Watch highlights from the event below.
Watch the full event below.
Hall of Fame 2019 Inaugural Inductees
Click photos below for more information.