As a public land-grant institution, Iowa State University is committed to providing quality education for an affordable price. Along with affordable tuition, Iowa State offers scholarships and other types of financial aid to ensure everyone can get a great education.
Iowa State University, the College of Engineering, and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers several opportunities to undergraduate students majoring in electrical, computer, software, or cyber security engineering to obtain scholarships or paid undergraduate research positions on-campus.
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Scholarships
- College of Engineering Scholarships
- ISU Scholarships and Office of Student Financial Aid
- Paid Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Non-ISU Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
All qualified master’s and PhD applicants will be considered for assistantships, scholarships, and fellowships; however, a limited number of fellowships are available and early applications will be preferred.
Master’s degree students may be considered for:
- Half-time research or teaching assistantships
- 50% tuition scholarship
- automatic in-state tuition rate for remaining tuition
PhD students may be considered for:
- Half-time research or teaching assistantship
- 100% tuition scholarship
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Scholarships and Fellowships
- Distinguished Graduate Research Program (DGRP) with US Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- ISU Scholarship, Grants, and Loans
- George Washington Carver Doctoral Fellowship
- Graduate Minority Assistantship Program (GMAP)
- Non-ISU Graduate Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities