Electrical engineers, computer engineers, and software engineers are some of most in-demand professionals in the United States and around the world. They work in industries ranging from health care, renewable energy, and retail to security, gaming, and telecommunications. All of career paths in electrical or computer engineering provide opportunities to work with teams of engineers and make a huge difference in the lives of people worldwide.
During your time at Iowa State or as an alum, our resources below can connect you to information you need to learn about careers in electrical, computer, and software engineering, as well as get a full-time job, internship, co-op, or part-time on-campus jobs.
We invite job seekers who are looking for faculty or staff positions in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECpE) at Iowa State University to see resources in our Future Faculty/Staff section below.
For Current and Prospective Students
- What is Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Software Engineering?
- On-campus Student Job Openings
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Graduate Assistantships
- ECpE Internship/Co-op Guidelines
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Career Resources
- ISU Engineering Career Services and ISU CMS Job Search Database
- Pre-college Preparation
For Future Faculty/Staff
- Available Faculty/Staff Positions in the ISU ECpE Department
- Why Join the ECpE Department at Iowa State
If you are from a company or organization wishing to hire electrical and computer engineering graduates, see our Corporate/Business section.