Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find information about college and university computing policies?

Information about college and university computing policies can be found on the College of Engineering’s Technology Support page.

Who do I contact if I have a computing support question?

Fill out the ETG Support Request form, or for immediate assistance, stop by the ETG office in 1331 Coover Hall during normal business hours.

How do I set up my personal homepage?


There are two Web hosting options available for engineering students who want to create a homepage: the Iowa State Web site and engineering Web site.

The Iowa State Web area is available to all ISU students, faculty, and staff. This is managed by ISU Central IT. More information.

The engineering Web area is available to all College of Engineering students, faculty, and staff. Advantages of the engineering Web space include easier access to file storage and PHP scripting support.


Please email requesting a Engineering Web Folder.

What VLSI & RF software does the department use?

See information about the software used within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) circuit design and Radio Frequency (RF) design, including tutorials on how to use them and a debugging page that lists all the common problems and their solutions.

Do you have recommendations for useful software I should have?