Date(s) - 10 Dec 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Microgrids and Energy Storage for Emergency Grid Resilience Webinar Series, presented by the U.S. DOE Office of Electricity Energy Storage Program, Iowa State University Electric Power Research Center, and Sandia National Laboratories
As extreme weather events and other potential disruptions to the electric grid increase in frequency, the need for new technologies and approaches for providing resilience in the grid increase as well. This five-session series will explore technologies, policies, economics, applications, and case studies associated with microgrids and battery energy storage as options to help emergency management agencies provide greater electricity resilience across the states in FEMA Regions 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI) & 7 (IA, KS, MO, NE).
Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. All times are Central Time.
- November 5, 2021 Introduction to Microgrids & Energy Storage
- November 12, 2021 Stakeholder Needs
- November 19, 2021 Microgrid & Energy Storage Applications for Resilience & Energy Equity
- December 3, 2021 Microgrid & Energy Storage Engineering Challenges
- December 10, 2021 Policy & Regulatory Approaches
For more information and to register please visit: www.sandia.gov/ess-ssl/Microgrids-and-ES-Webinar-Series/