Date(s) - 13 Mar 2019
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
3043 ECpE Building Addition
Join us for free food and information on publishing with IEEE!
This session covers:
- Tips for selecting an appropriate IEEE periodical or conference
- How successful IEEE authors structure quality work to improve their chances of being accepted
- Insights into what editors look for in a submission and why editors and reviewers reject papers
- How to avoid common mistakes and ethical lapses that will prevent your manuscript from being accepted
- Tools & resources to help authors through the publishing process including IEEE’s AuthorLab, Publication Recommender, Graphics Checker, and Reference Preparation Assistance
- Strategies for using IEEE Xplore effectively for a literature review
Presented by Jalyn Kelley, IEEE Client Services Manager
Jalyn Kelley is an IEEE Client Services Manager, providing training and support to IEEE Xplore customers in the central and southern U.S. Prior to joining IEEE, Jalyn spent seven years as a Research Analyst at Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) providing strategic market and technical research to IT specialists in the field. Jalyn has also worked as a News Researcher at the San Antonio Express-News and an Assistant Branch Manager for the San Antonio Public Library. Jalyn received a Master of Library and Information Science from the University of Texas at Austin and is a past President of the Texas Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA).
ISU Contact: Eric Schares, Engineering & Physical Sciences Librarian