ECpE Centennial History Book Now Available!
In celebration of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering’s 100th year, the department has released a 112-page photographic history book covering the years 1909 to 2009.
The book includes:
- A short essay about the department’s history
- Pictures of classrooms, research labs, departmental facilities, and people dating as far back as 1909
- Information on department chairs and endowed professorships and chairs
- Comparisons of the department in 1909 and today, including average faculty salary, student enrollment data, and more
- A timeline of the important innovations made by ECpE faculty, students, and alumni in comparison to other technology developed around the same time periods
How to Get a Copy of the Book
To obtain a copy of the book, you must submit a minimum $30 donation to the department.
To order a copy of the book, stop by the ECpE main office in 2215 Coover Hall or download a copy of the history book order form (PDF) and mail it, along with your donation, to the address below:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Iowa State University
ATTN: CENTENNIAL HISTORY BOOK
2215 Coover Hall
Ames, IA 50011-3060
Note: All checks should be payable to the “ISU Foundation.” Please do not send cash.
ECpE Alumni & Friends Corridor
To be acknowledged, honored, or remembered as part of our centennial celebration, give a gift of $500 or more for your name to be permanently recognized in our Alumni & Friends Corridor. Simply check the appropriate box on the history book order form and mail it, along with your donation, to the address above.