The External Advisory Board for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECpE) is a board of industry experts, as well as alumni of the department, who advise the department on ways to improve and ensure that our degree programs continue to excel and meet the needs of employers in industry and academia.
External Advisory Board Members 2012-13
- Tyson Benson, Patent Attorney, Advent IP
- Bill Boswell, Senior Director, Partner Strategy, Siemens PLM Software
- Rob Bowen, Senior Engineering Manager, ASIC & FPGA Design – Security Applications, Government Systems, Rockwell Collins
- Mitchell Corbett, Software Systems and Support Manager, Engineering Field Automation group, Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
- Michael Deggendorf, Senior Vice President-Corporate Services, Kansas City Power and Light
- Hamid Elahi, General Manager – Energy Consulting, GE Energy
- Sam Ellis, Program Director, InfoSphere Streams Development, IBM; IBM Campus Relationship Manager with Iowa State University
- Bob Erger, Staff Software Engineer, Schneider Electric
- Ryan Hammond, Lead Technical Engineer, Cybersecurity, Boeing Research and Technology
- Shawn Hanson, Principal Test Manager, Microsoft Business Division, Microsoft, Inc.
- John Kenkel, Design Engineering Team Leader, Garmin International, Inc.
- David J. Lilja, Louis John Schnell Professor and Department Head, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Michelle (Moseman) Miller, Senior Director, Engineering Operations, Cerner
- Nicholas J. Multari, Senior Project Manager, Cyber Security Research, Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL)
- Albert (Bert) Nelson, Managing Director, Zenergy Power, Inc.
- Sasha Oster, Packaging Technology Development Engineer, Components Research, Intel
- V.R. Ramanan, Executive Consulting R&D Scientist, U.S. Corporate Research Center, ABB, Inc.
- Christopher Ruckman, Lead Electrical Engineer, Burns & McDonnell
- Ren Russie, Director, Quality Assurance, St. Paul Operations, Boston Scientific Corporation, CRV Rhythm
- Terry Ryan, Manager Electrical and Electric Systems, John Deere Dubuque Works
- Bruce Trump, Staff Technologist, Texas Instruments Inc. (past chair)