To assist the department in retaining and recruiting top faculty throughout the years, alumni and industry generously have created endowments for chairs and professorships in the ECpE department. These endowed positions are awarded to top tier faculty to support their teaching, research, and other scholarly activities that benefit the Iowa State University community.
- Arend J. and Verna V. Sandbulte Professorship in Engineering
- David C. Nicholas Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- John Ryder Professorship in Engineering
- Murray J. and Ruth M. Harpole Professorship in Electrical Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Professorship in honor of Fred W. O’Green
- Ross Martin Mehl and Marylyne Munas Mehl Professorship in Computer Engineering
- Thomas M. Whitney Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Willard and Leitha Richardson Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jerry R. Junkins Endowed Chair
- Kirby Gray Chair in Engineering
- Palmer Endowed Department Chair in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Other Endowments and Professorships
- Harpole-Pentair Developing Faculty Award
- Tunc and Lale Doluca Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
To learn more about how chairs and professorships benefit the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Iowa State University, or to establish chair or professorship, visit the ISU Foundation’s website or call the College of Engineering’s Development Office at 515 294-2416.