Kingland Professor of Data Analytics
Professor, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
and (by courtesy), Dept. of Computer Science
Iowa State University
I received a B.Tech. in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in 1996, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Brown University in 2002. During 2009 and 2010, I worked as a Consulting Member of Technical Staff at Oracle Corporation.In the summer of 2013, I was a visiting researcher at Microsoft Research, Cambridge.
Our group’s research is centered on the foundations of large-scale data analysis. We develop algorithms for large-scale data stream processing, and large-scale batch processing. I am also interested in applications of data analytics to cybersecurity and transportation. Our research has been funded by grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency (DARPA), IBM Corporation, and Northrop Grumman Corporation. I have received the IBM Faculty Award twice, in 2014 and in 2013, and the Warren B. Boast Undergraduate Teaching Award in 2012.
We are looking for two PhD students and one post-doc to work on Research Projects on Data Stream Analytics. These positions are fully funded. Potential PhD candidates need to have a strong background in discrete mathematics, algorithms, and programming. Candidates for the post-doc position need to have a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related areas. Please contact me by email if you are interested in these openings.
- CV with details of Publications, Funding, etc
- Graph Stream Processing, funded by the NSF
- Detecting Space and Time Complexity Attacks within Programs for Cybersecurity, funded by DARPA
- Publication list on DBLP
- LinkedIn Profile
- Google Scholar Page
Current and Recent Professional Service
Program committee member for the following conferences.
- ACM Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS) 2018
- (Review Board) of VLDB 2018, International Conference on Very Large Databases
- HiPC 2016, International Conference on High Performance Computing
- ICDT 2017, International Conference on Database Theory
- (Review Board) of VLDB 2016, International Conference on Very Large Databases
- ICPP 2016, International Conference on Parallel Processing
|Office||Room 3227, Coover Hall, Iowa State University|
|Mailing Address||2215, Coover Hall
Iowa State University
2520 Osborn Dr.
Ames IA 50011-1046