Iowa State University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECpE) has a strong tradition of research excellence. From developing the encoding process used in nearly all fax machines to inventing the world’s first infant respiratory augmentor to help babies breathe, our faculty and graduate students have made major advancements that impact the technology people all over the world use every day. Today, our faculty and students continue the department’s tradition of research excellence.
Read about how ECpE faculty are:
- Creating the latest in Android security and anti-malware software
- Building a “Greenhouse on a Chip” to study how genes and environmental conditions affect plant traits
- Advancing the state of the art in biotechnology
- Teaming with Southern California Edison (SCE) to strengthen the California power grid
- Creating a search engine specifically tailored to find code.
Research Highlights magazine The ECpE department publishes an annual Research Highlights magazine that features several of our faculty and students’ recent research achievements. View current issues and download PDF copies of past issues below.