Leave and Conference Travel Policies

ECpE Department Leave, Travel, Grant, and Reimbursement Forms

Graduate students – please use these forms when preparing to travel to a professional conference, or when being absent for professional or personal reasons. If you have any questions, please contact Sara K Harris in the Main Office (skharris@iastate.edu, 2215 Coover Hall).

  • ECpE Graduate Student Absence Form (PDF) – complete this form in ADVANCE of any travel, whether personal or professional. It needs to be signed by your major professor and submitted to Sara K Harris in the Main Office (2215 Coover Hall).

FOR EXPENSES ON OR AFTER JAN 1 2013:              2013 DOMESTIC FORM                  2013 FOREIGN FORM
FOR EXPENSES PRIOR TO DEC 31 2012:                   2012 DOMESTIC FORM                  2012 FOREIGN FORM

Complete one of the above expense forms upon return. You will need to have ALL receipts for your travel, including airfare, hotel/accommodations, ground transportation such as taxi or rental car, meal receipts that are detailed for ALL meals, registration, and any other expenses related to the trip. If you have any questions, please contact Sammy Dubert in the Main Office (smdubert@iastate.edu, 2215 Coover Hall) in ADVANCE of traveling to ensure that you keep everything you need for reimbursement.

NOTE – Once your PAG has been approved and returned to the department from the Graduate College, a copy of the PAG and the PDS will be placed in your mailbox in 2205 Coover Hall. This will inform you of the total amount of funding that has been approved for your travel. Attach your copies to your Travel Reimbursement Form when you submit to Sammy Dubert after you return from travel.


ISU Travel Policies

Effective July 2002, travelers may choose to use Internet sites instead of ISU contracted travel agencies to purchase air tickets. You may use your personal credit card for the purchase, however, reimbursement will not be made until after the conclusion of the trip.

Travel advances will not be issued to facilitate purchases of air tickets. Documentation of the ticket, such as the Passenger Receipt coupon or a copy of the e-ticket confirmation showing the amount paid, should be attached to the travel expense reimbursement form.

To use an Iowa State University contracted travel agency to purchase an air ticket, the ISU Air Travel Policies Web page.

Iowa State University policies and procedures that include travel are located on the Controller Department’s Travel Information Web site. Iowa State University has contracts with the following travel agencies for travel services. Please turn in all original detailed receipts (meals/transportation/hotels) with your travel reimbursement form.

NOTE: If you need a consolidator for foreign travel, get a fixed quote faxed to you, forward that quote to the ECpE Secretary in the Main Office, 2215 Coover Hall. The secretary will work with an approved travel agency and ISU to get the best rate.